For Your Personal Computer:
Microsoft Office 2019 and Office 365
Current matriculated students, faculty and staff are able to obtain Microsoft Office 365 for free with a valid Skidmore email address. Microsoft allows the installation of Office on up to five personal devices. The license expires when you graduate, transfer or separate from Skidmore College. Note: Non-matriculating students, alumni and retirees are not eligible for this program. To download Microsoft Office:
- Login to your official Skidmore Office 365 online account http://www.outlook.com/skidmore.edu using any current web browser.
- After you successfully login, click on “Office 365” in the top navigation bar.
- Find and click on the “Install” link (usually located below the grouped icons).
- Download Office, install it and begin using right away!
Adobe Creative Suite
Skidmore has a campus license for Adobe Creative Suite. In order to use Adobe software on lab, classroom or shared computers on campus, you need to sign in with an Adobe ID account. When accessing an Adobe application, you will be asked to sign in. NOTE: This change was implemented by Adobe recently and was not in effect last academic year. The Adobe ID your acquire through Skidmore will only work on¬†college owned computers.
If you already have an Adobe ID account, whether it be Skidmore issued or personal, sign in with your Adobe username and password.
If you do NOT already have an Adobe ID account:
- Click on “Get Adobe ID” on the “Sign In” window.
- In the “Sign Up” window, fill out the required information. (The email address you use does not need to be your Skidmore email address, however it needs to be a functioning email so a confirmation message can be sent to you.)
- Once you have received the confirmation email and clicked on the verification link, your Adobe account will be created.
- Click on the “Check again and Continue” button on the “Verify your Email” window to finish.
Skidmore employees can request Abobe Creative Suite software for their computers as described below.
Skidmore Employee Adobe account request process:
1. Faculty/staff will need to contact the Helpdesk to request a Skidmore Adobe account.
2. Once created in our Admin Console, they will receive and email with information from Adobe (usually a link) to complete the account creation process.
3. Once the account is created, they can log in to their account on Adobe.com and either install the Creative Cloud application to control installation of Adobe Apps OR install applications individually.
4. Users are only allowed to have 2 login instances running at one time. If they attempt to log in a 3rd time they will be prompted to log out of all other instances or cancel the current attempt. i.e they can log in at the office and at home.
Last updated June 4, 2020
Our Mathematica licensing allows for students and faculty to install the software on their personally owned computer. Click here for directions on how to access Mathematica.
For directions on downloading MATLAB please contact your professor or contact the Help Desk at x5900.
Software Available on Public Computers:
Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Adobe Flash Player
ArcGIS, ArcReader & ArcGIS Explorer (ESRI)
Filezilla FTP Client
Gaussian / GaussView
Google Earth Pro
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Microsoft Office 2019
Microsoft Windows Media Player
PuTTY Secure Telnet
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 19.012
Adobe After Effects 16.1.2
Adobe Animate 19.2.1 & Character Animator 2019 2.1.1
Adobe Audition 12.1.2 & Bridge 9.1.0
Adobe Dreamweaver 19.2.0
Adobe Flash Player 32.0.0
Adobe Illustrator 23.0.4
Adobe InCopy 14.0.2
Adobe InDesign 14.0.2
Adobe Lightroom & Lightroom Classic
Adobe Photoshop 20.0.5
Adobe Prelude 8.1.1
Adobe Premiere Pro 13.1.4
Adobe Premiere Rush 1.1
Adobe XD 21.2.12
Amadeus Pro 2.4.2
Artstor (OIV) 10.2
Google Chrome 76.0.3809
Google Earth Pro 7.3
JMP Pro 14.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Microsoft Office 2016
Mozilla Firefox 68.0.1
Python2 & Python3 for SPSS 1.0
QuickTime Player 10.4
Read & Write 7.1.1
VLC Player 126.96.36.199
Feel free to swing by during our normal office hours or schedule an appointment